Thursday, January 29, 2009

Truck bought; Sausage adopted

Over Christmas I bought myself a new truck. Observe,


I'm not positive it was the smartest move, financially speaking, but it is so nice to walk out of my house, put a key in the ignition of a vehicle and actually have it turn over. It's been a long time since I had a car that I could rely on and it feels amazing. Of course, I branded it right way...


About a week into January, I adopted a cat from our intern, Karen. She had taken her in off of the street, but found that she couldn't take care of her long-term. They were calling her "DC" for "Damn Cat". I decided that "Dixie" was close enough.

She's mean as Hell and fat as a little sausage, but sweet too, in that way that cats have of being wonderful companions, yet total dicks at the same time. In fact, right now she is sitting next to me on the couch, watching Homicide while I update my blog. I just tried to pet her and she clawed the shit out of me. The world is normal again.

4 comments:

Lauchlin Fields said...

I'm happy to have you in the mean cat club!

Courtney said...

She's terrible! Attacks my feet all of the time, my hands are covered in scratches and she's already broken some stuff. Bad, bad cat.

eva said...

a truck! nice one. bringing a little texas home with you. and a lovely lil devil you adopted. she will be your guard kitty, attacking one and all.

CELEBRULUL NECUNOSCUT said...

HELLO ! CONGRATULATION FOR YOUR BLOG !!!!VERY GOOOD!!!!
ENTER AT JIM MORRISON'S BLOG
http://jim-morrison-fanclub.blogspot.com/
and leave a link to this article to send people to your blog !!!
Thanks !
Film spectators are quiet vampires.
Jim Morrison